- Grand prizes are awarded to participants who meet the minimum number of reviews criteria and with the most number of reviews submitted during the campaign period (18 March 2013 – 31 July 2013).
- 1st Prize – 2 return Economy Class air tickets to Tokyo, Japan (inclusive of taxes) worth $2,500.
- 2nd Prize – $1000 worth of Chan Brothers Travel cash vouchers.
- 3rd Prize – iPad 2, 16GB, Wi-Fi only with retina display worth $658.
- 4th Prize – Xbox 360 Console with Kinect, 4GB worth $518.
- 5th – 8th Prize – Sunday Brunch Staycation Package at Days Hotel worth $440 (4 winners).
- Prizes will be given "as is" without any warrantees, and are not exchangeable or transferable for cash.
Monthly Grand Prize
- Submit at least 30 reviews within each month to qualify for the monthly grand prize of a LotusGrill Smokeless Charcoal Barbecue Grill worth $258.
- We will pick 1 winner each month, for 4 months via a lucky draw (4 winners in total).
Sure Win Prizes
- Participants may redeem one (1) sure win prize every month, up to a total of four (4) sure win prizes throughout the duration of this campaign.
- To qualify for the sure win prizes, all reviews for that particular month must be submitted before the last day of the month, as follows:
i.30 April 2013, 2359hrs
ii. 31 May 2013, 2359hrs
iii.. 30 June 2013, 2359hrs
iv. 31 July 2013, 2359hrs
- Strictly only reviews submitted within that particular month will be considered. No carry forward of reviews will be accepted.
- Redemptions for the sure win prizes must be submitted to us, up to one week after the last day of that particular month, as follows:
i. 6 May 2013, 2359hrs
ii. 6 June 2013, 2359hrs
iii. 6 July 2013, 2359hrs
iv. 6 August 2013, 2359hrs
- Participants must submit the equivalent number of reviews within the given month, to redeem a particular prize. Participants may choose any one (1) prize from the selection of prizes available.
- OpenRice will contact all monthly winners via email when their prizes are ready for collection. Failure to respond to the notification email and failure to redeem the prizes before the stipulated date will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Terms & Conditions
- This Contest is conducted and operated by OpenRice Singapore ("The Promoter").
- This Contest is open to all members of OpenRice Singapore. Not yet a member, sign up here!
- This Contest runs from 18 March 2013, 0000hrs till 31 July 2013, 2359hrs.
- All reviews must be submitted within the given contest period to be eligible and must contain at least 1 photo to qualify.
- By entering this Contest, participants agree that they have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
- OpenRice reserves the right to reject reviews that do not meet our review submission guidelines.
- In the event of a tie, OpenRice Singapore reserves the right to determine the winner based on the review submission time.
- All prize redemptions must be made in person at OpenRice Singapore office located at 1 Scotts Road, #18-01, Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208 (opening hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm. Closed on weekends and PH), unless otherwise stated.
- All winners are obligated to have their photo taken by an OpenRice staff when collecting their prizes. Failure to abide by this clause may result in forfeiture of prizes.
- OpenRice Singapore is not obligated to release information on the rankings of the individual participants for the duration of this Contest. The final results will be announced after 31 July 2013 on the OpenRice Singapore website and Facebook page.
- Prizes redemption can only be made as soon as OpenRice Singapore secures the prize(s).
- Prize(s) are subject to availability. OpenRice reserves the right to substitute or replace any prize(s) with any other item(s) of equal or similar value (in kind) without prior notice.
- For prize collection, winners will be required to provide proof of identity and may be asked to login to their OpenRice account for verification purposes.
- Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the winner's responsibility.
- Any fraud, misconduct, abuse, or non-compliance from the participant regarding these Terms and Conditions and/or any other requirements communicated by OpenRice to participants, may results in the disqualification of the OpenRicer and/or the forfeiture of any points awarded. If any person is disqualified from the contest at a later date, OpenRice reserves the right to forfeit the prize(s).
- OpenRice is not liable for any submission delay, information loss or error that arises from computer, network or technical issues.
- This Contest is not eligible to employees of OpenRice Singapore.
- Reviews will be considered for this contest submission only upon approval by the OpenRice Review committee. The review must not contain any inappropriate language, provocative provocation, promotional entries, misleading information, plagiarism, junk content or false information. OpenRice reserves the right to publish and delete any review.
- You must submit original reviews that represent your own dining experiences. All reviews found to be based on second-hand information or hearsay (for e.g. unverified information, rumours, and reported opinions of others) will not be allowed.
- All participant details provided will remain confidential except that The Promoter has the right to use and publish the names and photos of winners in any of their advertising and publicity materials; not limited to print, internet and television media in Singapore and beyond.
- By entering and participating in this Contest, your email address will be recorded in our database and you will automatically receive updates from OpenRice Singapore via our newsletter, EDM, etc.
- The Promoter may amend the terms and conditions of the competition at any time without prior notice.
- If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate, without prior notice.
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.