Ingredient and Portion:
1 serving of eggplant
1 serving of thyme
1 serving of toast (whole grain recommended)
1. Slice toast to serving size, and pan-grill it until it is hard and crispy.
2. Cut eggplant into thin slices and pan-grill with olive oil until one side is caramelized.
3. Turn eggplant slices over to the other side, sprinkle little salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Dribble thyme over eggplant slices (of Step 3 above), turn over the eggplant slices so that the thyme herbs
are at the bottom. Press eggplant slices downwards onto the thyme herbs.
5. Eggplant slices are ready to serve when the sides are slightly crinkled and the middle is soft and moist.
6. Serve eggplant slices on top of slice toast.
Caramelized eggplant slices is when the sides have a brownish tint to it.
Do not cook eggplant on high heat as it would burn fast.