Ingredient and Portion:
4 cups of thinly sliced onions
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1. Put the onions, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a sauté pan, cover it and put on low heat until the onions have wilted and reduced in size greatly. Then uncover and continue to cook until the onions turn golden brown.
Remove the onions using a slotted spoon, draining them of oil.
2. Now beat the eggs together, mixing the yolks and whites well with lots of bubbles to aerate the mixture
properly. Now add the onions, cheese, black pepper and some salt and mix them in too.
3. Melt the butter over medium heat in another non-stick pan and once it begins to foam, add the egg mixture. Turn down the heat and let the eggs to settle and thicken. Pre-heat your oven to high heat at this point.
4. Once the frittata is mostly set and only the surface is still runny, move the saucepan into the oven. If your
saucepan can’t go into ovens, transfer the frittata to a grill pan like in the photo below. Leave it in there until the surface sets and take it out just before it becomes browned.
5. Remove with a spatula and cut into wedges to serve.
This recipe serve 4 people.