So recently, there was news of the Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon stall owners looking to sell their recipe for $200K due to ill health. That’s an insane amount of cash! But believe it or not, according to local Chinese newspaper, Shin Min Daily News, more than 10 parties have already shown interest in purchasing the recipe.
So what exactly is satay bee hoon
? The noodle dish consists of vermicelli (bee hoon), kang kong vegetables, bean sprouts, pork slices, and seafood such as cuttlefish, prawns and cockles. But the main star of satay bee hoon? Definitely the crunchy, thick, satay peanut sauce spread over the thin noodles.
If you’d like to get your satay bee hoon fix for a much lower price, then check out some of Singapore’s best satay bee hoon stalls:
1. Centre Satay Bee Hoon @ Ang Mo Kio Market & Food Centre“This satay bee hoon is pretty good, thick peanut sauce with a good amount of cockles! Lovely!”Photo courtesy of chewbacca80
2. Chomp Chomp Satay Bee Hoon @ Chomp Chomp Food Centre“This satay bee hoon stall's one of my favourites... The sauce is full of peanuts and it's not diluted at all...”
3. Sin Chew Satay Bee Hoon @ Upper Bukit Timah Road“The superb satay sauce complements the bee hoon really well. I would like to commend the stall’s efforts in ensuring the freshness of the ingredients used.”Photo courtesy of CEIL JOVEN
– CEIL JOVEN
4. Hock Leng Satay Bee Hoon @ Old Airport Road Food Centre“It costs around $4 for a plate of [satay bee hoon] and I think the meal was worth it overall. The ingredients were fresh with generous portions of meat and vegetables.”Photo courtesy of tinkerbelle
5. Meng Hui Satay Bee Hoon @ Albert Centre Market & Food Centre“Generous amount of the satay gravy is given and the dish includes ingredients like sliced cuttlefish, bean sprouts, vegetables, cockles and the bee hoon... Priced at $3 per plate, this is definitely worth a try.”Photo courtesy of Kuxz
See Also:Check out here for the best satay in singaporeCraving for more local food? Check out here