We had to host a Japanese colleague who came to Singapore for some meetings over lunch at this restaurant recently. As most of us had not visited this restaurant before, we asked the waitress to recommend us some dishes. The waitress recommended their Autumn speciality set for 4 pax to us, & suggested that we just need to order 1 more bowl of soup & maybe an additional side dish, which should be enough for all 5 of us already.Autumn Set Menu for 4 ($139++)3 “Autumn” Appetizer
- this actually what we typically call as the "cold dish" 冷盘. There were the chestnuts, and picked dishes. Not bad, very refreshing.Pumpkin Thick Soup with Crab Meat & Roe
- we added 1 more bowl of soup ($12++) as there were 5 of us. The soup was really thick & concentrated, very nice!Steamed Seabass with Chilli
- This seabass was very fresh. I think we can say that it was steamed to perfection. PUTIEN Sweet & Sour Pork with Lychees
- The sweet & sour pork was very crispy. Add lychees to this dish was like a pleasant twist to the usual sweet & sour pork we have. Good one! PUTIEN Mushroom Green Bean
- We weren't very sure what this was at first, and thought it meant mushrooms and green beans together in 1 dish. But it seems like Mushroom Grean Bean is the name of the legume in this dish. Nice, tasted like french beans but it's small & round, somewhat like a mushroom. Maybe that's how it got its name. Fried Hing Hwa Bee Hoon
- The beehoon was fried till it was very soft, and felt as if it could melt in your mouth as soon as you put them in hehe. Again we made a good choice to select this main course for our set. Stir-fried Yam ($10.90++)
- we ordered this additional side dish which was not included in the set, as it's one of the bestsellers of this restaurant. It was a great tasty dish with the yam stir-fried till very crispy, but yet soft on the inside.
The set also come with complimentary fruits which was a platter of different fruits like grapes, rock melon and guava. Refreshing ending to our satisfying meal.
Overall, we had a pleasant lunch as the food served were all delicious and not too oily or salty. The service in this restaurant is also excellent as all the service staff were polite and friendly. Just a note that the price doesn't come cheap for good service and quality food hehe.
Stir-fried yam, Sweet & Sour Pork with Lychees, Hing Hwa Bee Hoon
Date of Visit: 2010-11-19