One of the biggest food festivals in Singapore is back in town. From now until the 22nd of July, you can head down to the Singapore Food Festival Village at the Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade to sample some of the best dishes that Singapore has to offer. Trust us, there are a lot of foods worth savouring. But to make it easier for you, we list down 5 must-try dishes at the SFF!
1. Seafood Platter by the Seafood Paradise Price: $36.90++ It may look a bit pricey, but it’s definitely worth it. Fresh seafoods in one platter, not to mention their signature creamy butter crab, what more could you ask for?
2. Hokkien Mee by Zheng Xin Price: $6+ One of Singapore’s true comfort foods, the Hokkien Mee is the dish tourists can try out. Rich with flavour as well as ingredients, this will leave them wanting for more…and more!
3. Curry Chicken by Neo Garden Catering Price: $5.50 Always served hot, the soup is the perfect combination of curry and spices. Yes, it’s spicy but not to the level where your ears will turn red. The ingredients of chicken and potatoes are also generous and this makes the dish worth your buck.
4. Berg’s Burger Price:$10 What makes this dish stand out is the patty, which just bursts with flavour in every bite. Topped with the freshest ingredients and sandwiched between breads, this will leave your tummies craving for more.
5. Sotong by Ming Lang Price:2 sticks for $10 This sotong version at the SFF is soft, chewy, and tasty. No wonder there’s always a queue at this stall. Two sticks won’t be enough to fill you so order more!
At the SFF Village, there are over 50 stalls which you can try out. So, make sure you head down when you can and try them for yourself!
If not, why don't you check out this very special video OpenRice made for the SFF? Get the food verdict from three well-known bloggers and find out what they think of the food this year!