I have heard of this restaurant from various people over the past months and decided to try them when I was in the neighbourhood last week.
We were out shopping and when we finally were looking for a place for lunch, it was 4.30pm. We went to the outlet at #04-28, but they were closed, as it was their break time, between lunch and dinner time.
The lady working there suggested I visit their other outlet at #03-89 instead, which is open throughout, as the third floor outlet do not have the afternoon break time, and open throughout.
So my ‘lunch’ partner and I went to the third floor outlet. It was located at the back corridor, away from the building atrium.
There’s bar counter seating for 4 pax and several tables in a row, seating up to 10 pax.
I spoke to the chef and he said the menu at this outlet is smaller than the one on the fourth floor, as they can only use induction cooker and the small gas burners. They have a limited menu, and we ordered the following items:
- Salmon Sashimi: $2.90, This was a special priced item, as the restaurant is celebrating their 2nd anniversary! Incidentally, the day we dined was the last day of the promotion. We spotted quite a few tables ordering this dish several times.
- Wafu Spaghetti: $10.90, The spaghetti was served in a shape of a squid, with the mentaiko cream sauce on the plate and topped with sakura ebi roe. It was good! Highly recommended, especially for those who love mentaiko.
- Ebi Fry Salmon Aburi Roll: $16.90, A whole deep fried prawn rolled with avocado, cucumber and rice into a rice roll, then topped with salmon and mentaiko cream and flame broiled. We got two rolls for this order. It was good.
- Okura Ponzu: $4.90, Sliced cooked lady’s finger in a ponzu sauce. I couldn’t get enough of this dish and ordering another would be too much. Recommended.
- Yamaimo Teppan: $8.90, Chinese yam that has been grated and placed on a small hot plate that has been heated and served to our table. On the top, the grated yam is partially cooked, while the
They are generous with their wasabi.
We enjoyed our meal here and would definitely be back again. Try it!