Read full review
2014-11-28 18 views
There is a new restaurant at The Rochester Mall that opened recently.I came by this restaurant recently with colleagues to try out their food.Here are the highlights:- Seafood Bisque: $12. The bisque came with Prawn, Mussels and Toasted Crostini. The bisque is not thick and creamy. Nice.- Mushroom Soup with Crème Fraiche and garlic croutons: $10. Not bad.- Seared Sea Scallops with celeraic puree, sauteed spinach & soft boiled quail eggs: $22. We loved it. The scallops were nicely seared and juic
I came by this restaurant recently with colleagues to try out their food.
Here are the highlights:
- Seafood Bisque: $12. The bisque came with Prawn, Mussels and Toasted Crostini. The bisque is not thick and creamy. Nice.
- Mushroom Soup with Crème Fraiche and garlic croutons: $10. Not bad.
- Seared Sea Scallops with celeraic puree, sauteed spinach & soft boiled quail eggs: $22. We loved it. The scallops were nicely seared and juicy. The quail eggs'runny yolks were a nice touch. Try it!
- Lobster Risotto with watercress and sundried tomato: $28. I found this similar in taste to the seafood bisque. It's tasty and you get half a lobster.
- Slow cooked chicken leg with potatoes and vegetable ragout: $18. My favorite main course. The chicken was cooked Sous-vide, then roasted in the oven to give a nice even browning. Juicy and tasty. The portion was substantial and filling.
- Kurobuta Pork Chop: $30. Simply grilled and served with roasted potatoes & sauteed brussel sprouts. The piece came with the bone on. Quite substantial piece of meat and tasty on its own, as this dish did not come with any sauce. As you eat your way to the rib, you will see the fatty bits, and that was the most succulent part of the meat! I especially loved the fried sage leaves that accompanied the dish. It was delicious.
- Roasted Potatoes: $6. Loved this. It was our favorite amongst the side dishes that we ordered. The potatoes are cut into cubes about 1cm wide and roasted. Tasty and nice!
- Mashed Potatoes: $6. The mash potatoes were nice and smooth. Personally, I would have liked it to have more butter. When I commented to the staff, they said its possible to request for it next time. Good service!
- Tiramisu: $12. This was served in a glass cup and you can see the compnents of the Tiramisu through the sides of the glass. You get to enjoy the cocoa powder, cream and sponge fingers as you dig into the glass. Nice!
- Chocolate Lava Cake with berry compote and whipped cream: $12. The molten chocolate flowed out of the lava cake once it was cut. The restaurant doesn’t serve with ice cream like most other restuarants. You can scoop the berry compote and eat together with the chocolate cake for added flavour.
- Duo Panna Cotta with honey lemon sauce and pistachio: $9. Interesting where there are two flavours combined in the panna cotta – white cream-based flavour and dark brown cocoa flavour. Together with the honey lemon sauce, it was nice.
- Classic Lemon Tart: $9. The presentation was great. You get a nice wedge of lemon tart. The cream on the top is piped like a Christmas tree and flambe. Taste-wise, it was tart and lemon lovers will love this.
The quality of the food here is good and I enjoyed my meal.
The restaurant’s location at Rochester Mall is in close proximity to Holland Village, offering a tranquil environment to dine in without the hassle of car park issues.