2013-08-22 58 views
I am never a fan of that "green frog sushi place" so whenever I crave for sushi, I'll visit Sushi Tei. Previously, I dined at their Vivocity outlet and I enjoyed myself with great food and quality service on a weekday lunch. It was however, a far cry at their China Square Central outlet when I visited it for dinner.The restaurant wasn't very busy but the staffs seems very aloof, giving an attitude when my group of friends asked for a table for 9. They showed us to the tables but it hasn't eve

The restaurant wasn't very busy but the staffs seems very aloof, giving an attitude when my group of friends asked for a table for 9. They showed us to the tables but it hasn't even been clean up and told us to go back to the front counter and wait. Only 5 minutes later, we were showed to our tables again which are tucked right at 1 corner of the restaurant.

We had to seat separately because each table adjoining to the sushi conveyor belt can seat only 6 pax. Throughout the dinner, flies can be seen flying around and I wonder if tables were left unclean after diners left, resulting to it.

Anyway, there's the food I had:
Matsutake Sukiyaki ($16) - I thought it was decent and the beef slices were tender and juicy. The taste of the soup wasn't too sweet or salty too. It's a
Unagi Sushi ($5.20) - It came on the conveyor belt and the thickness of the unagi caught my attention so I grabbed a plate off and munched into it. It was not bad and I love huge and juicy unagi like this unlike other Japanese restaurants.
Oyakodon ($14) - I expected the eggs on it to be more runny than cooked. Although I didn't mind that, the chicken chunks were huge and tough to the bite.

Overall, my dining experience was only mediocre and nothing memorable compared to what I had at their Vivocity and Paragon outlet. I hope the service and hygiene of this branch can be rectified asap.
Taste