Read full review
2016-09-29 28 views
Little House of Dreams has been through a big revamp and now sits comfortably beside Ben & Jerry's ice cream. The decor is very pretty, chic and cosy. The warm, light colours are used for the furniture and walls. There's even a play corner for kids to hang out, while parents watch them and have some savoury mains, sides, cakes or ice cream and waffles from Ben & Jerry's. I love that you can order items from both places and dine in a single location.Sambal Sotong $16.90Beautifully plated, this wa
Beautifully plated, this was an interesting menu item that you don't normally get to see in cafes. The squid itself had a chewy texture with a characteristic earthly flavour. The squid also maintained a slightly charred aftertaste. As I'm a weakling when it comes to spicy food, I did not try the sambal sauce.
We were expecting drumlets and winglets but we were surprised to see 4 full chicken wings in a basket. On first impression, the prawn paste aroma was evident. But upon the chicken wings cooling down to a temperature which we could consume it at, the prawn paste taste was nowhere to be found. The skin was however, superbly crispy and the meat was juicy without being oily. No need to rush to the washroom to wash your hands after consuming this chicken wings!
3. Salted Egg Yolk Calamari $13.90 *Highly Recommended* I loved salted egg and I love calamari, hence this is one of my highly recommended dishes to try at Little House of dreams. The salted egg yolk sauce was creamy and yet slightly grainy and lumpy, coupled with a distinct aromatic flavour that had a mild salty-spicy aftertaste. I just couldn't stop munching on these! Even though, these calamari rings sat for awhile, during the photoshoot, despite being being soggy, the presence of the salted egg still stood out clearly.
6. Ribeye Steak with Salad $39.90
I usually liked my steak medium, but this was medium-well and I still liked it. The steak was juicy and tender and together with the provided steak sauce, this was a very appetizing. The salad had little sliced baby potatoes which I felt was an interesting way to present carbs on a plate, without making the plate look cluttered with carbs.
8. Pork Ribs with Salad $34.90 The pork ribs were thick, meaty and succulent. The meat was tasty but just like the pulled pork, it could've been a bit more tender. The sauce was sweet and tangy and perfectly marinated deep into the meat.
9. Spaghetti Laksa Prawns $26.90 Simple ingredients and yet exploding with flavours. The prawns were huge but the gradual follow up with the spicy intensity didn't allow me to taste the prawns.
10. Chilli Crab Bun $19.90 *Highly Recommended*
The chilli crab patty was made with real crab meat, the sauce itself wasn't spicy and kids could probably eat this too! The chilli crab bun was certainly a satisfying and enjoyable one. The bun was toasted till the ends of the bun was crisp and pillowy in the center. The chilli crab sauce topped the crab patty with a sweet and tangy taste contributing to a shiok and yummy satisfaction level. The crab patty was also well marinated, tender, and flavourful.
14. Vanilla Bloom Pot $6.90 *Highly Recommended* This was so pretty! So much effort is made by Little House of Dreams to give you the unique dessert experience. This is actually a cupcake dressed up as a potted plant. The creme on top, was alright in sweetness factor. The cupcake on the inside was on the drier side but tasted great, when combined with the creme. I'll probably be craving for this in the d
18. Snickers Cheesecake $7.90 *Highly Recommended*
All the fruit fizzies are ingeniously thought out. My Lavender Blue Fruit Fizzie was made with lavender and little iced cubes with real strawberries on the inside.