Read full review
2014-03-01 58 views
Pizza Hut has just launched its new range of Hawaiian pizzas with a one for one promotion on regular sized 9.5inch pizzas. This is great value as each pizza is divided into six slices making it possible for three or four persons to share two pizzas, yielding four or three slices per person respectively. At only $17.90++ with one for one promotion, each person pays only $5.30 (group of four diners) or $7.00 nett (group of three). Iced water is served free of charge. Diners can choose any two from
• Hawaiian Pizza (ham, pineapple and mozzarella);
• Spicy Waikiki (new flavour with toppings of ham, pepperoni, pineapple and mozzarella);
• Aloha Chicken (new flavour with toppings of roast chicken strips, ham, pineapple or mozzarella).
For the pizza base, choose either pan pizza or thin crust pizza (stuffed crust pizzas are excluded from the promotion).
Although the waiter who took our orders primed us to expect about 20minutes' wait for our pizzas, the first pizza arrived within 15minutes later.
Comments on our pizzas:
• Aloha Chicken, thin crust - the toppings were generous and it was bliss to bite into the light and crunchy thin crust.
• Spicy Waikiki, thin crust - not spicy at all, a tad dry but still tasty, though it had less toppings than the Aloha Chicken.
• Curry Chicken, thin crust - this was yummy, oozing with cheese and topped with generous chunks of lean curried chicken.
• Aloha Chicken, pan pizza - best eaten hot as the dough turned too chewy upon cooling. Not enough cheese on the pan pizza so this new flavour works better on the thin crust version.
My dining companions agreed that the two new Hawaiian themed pizzas Aloha Chicken and Waikiki were tasty - lighter and less cheesy than the typical Pizza Hut pies. As they had less cheese, the thin crust version of the pizzas tasted better than the pan pizzas. The latter, due to the relatively thicker crust, requires a heavier cheese topping. Cheese lovers should stick to the classic/original Hawaiian Pizza which has more cheese than the two new flavours Aloha Chicken and Waikiki. Curry Chicken Pizza, either thin crust or regular pan, is a crowd pleaser that cannot go wrong. Throughout our meal, the cheerful and pleasant crew topped up our glasses of iced water without being asked.