2015-09-19 100 views
Very enjoyable lunch in a fairly new restaurant, comfortable chairs to cushion my big behind after we feast on all the dishes we ordered. I ordered many of the restaurant's recommended dishes and was happily pleased to find almost all the dishes very good! We had:* Marmite Spare Ribs - very well seasoned pork ribs bits that has meat so well cooked that it falls away from the bone easily. • Salted Egg Fried Fish Skin - this dish is very very addictive! Can't stop and super yummy. I mean, salted e

• Salted Egg Fried Fish Skin - this dish is very very addictive! Can't stop and super yummy. I mean, salted egg + deep fried crispy fish skin = super!

* Cereal Prawn - I dunno what type of cereal they use but it's super fine. Coats the prawn balls beautifully. Worthy of mention is that the prawns were fresh and large too!

• 3 Eggs Spinach in Superior Broth - very tasty dish that is a hit with the kids. I lace their rice with the sauce and they happily finish up their rice!

* Tofu with Cai Poh & Pork Floss - soft soft tofu that deep fried and topped with crispy fried cai poh AND floss! Very good combi!

* Golden Medal OTAR Beancurd - tofu pieces that infused with otah taste. But I find the otah taste TOO subtle. My hubby didn't even know it's supposed to have otah taste!!!

* Deep Fried Fish Tail with Fragrant Sauce - the fragrant sauce is very nice but the fried fish was a tad too well fried. A bit too dry for my liking. But I'm a fan of fish so I'll order it again. Heh

• Broccoli with Bean Skin - I found this dish so-so. Not bad but nothing of special mention.

* "Dong Poh" Braised Meat - this is another award winning dish with their stewed pork. It's so-so, not bad lah...

• Deep Fried Prawn Roll - again, not bad but I have had better ones elsewhere.

This is a 5-star rating because this meal is with a Groupon discount which made the meal very much value-for-money. Else it's still a healthy 4-star rating! 😊
'Dong Poh' Braised Meat