Read full review
2016-11-11 215 views
A place where your fairytale dreams come true. Little House of Dreams (LHOD) was managed by two pretty ladies, Audrey Lee and Grace Goh, they surely understands what girls love! The color theme for the whole restaurant was pastel pink, so sweets, girls totally couldn't resist. Collaborating with Ben and Jerry's ice cream within this same premises currently, you could enjoy good food and quality ice cream at the same time. LHOD used to sell only bread and cakes but after moving to this current lo
We started our night with some appetizers:
 Portobello Fritters $12.90
 Sambal Sotong $16.90
 Salted Egg Yolk Calamari $13.90
- Salted Egg Yolk food items wasn't new to any one of us here, it has been trending for more than a year already. What made LHOD's dish stood out? Their version of salted egg yolk sauce was thick, grainy with salted egg bits and not salty. The proportions of salted egg, curry leaves and chilli were perfect where each individual ingredients did not overshine each other. Great on these breaded calamari! LHOD could consider using this sauce to create new dishes too.
 Prawn Paste Chicken Wings (4pcs) $15.90
[a] Iced Chocolate $7.90
- My kind of drink but it wasn't chocolatey enough for me. I preferred thicker sinful ones. Green Garden Fruit Fizzies $8.90
[c] Pink Passion Fruit Fizzies $8.90
[d] Lavender Blue Fruit Fizzies $8.90
[e] Sunny Day Fruit Fizzies $8.90
- These non-alcoholic thirst quenchers were more interesting. Pretty colors and interesting flavours made us couldnt make up our mind which to try first. We ordered the 4 most popular ones to try out. My favorite was the Pink Passion Fruit Fizzies. I love slight sourish drinks as it gave me more appetite to eat more!
 Big Breakfast $16.90
 Seabass wif Salad $34.90
 Pork Ribs wif Salad $32.90
 Spaghetti Laksa Prawns $26.90
 Chilli Crab Bun $19.90
 Pulled Pork Sandwich $17.90
- If we compared this pulled pork sandwich with the chilli crab bun, the former crabby was so much better. Pulled pork was too dry and tough for my liking. Overall lacked the juiciness of meat which I found it a pity.
- On a side note: Both plating for crab bun & pulled pork sandwich really need to change. It really looked bad on such a big wooden board with only the stand alone bun/sandwich. The look quite turn us off even before we started eating.
After all the savory stuff, finally it's time for girls best friends: DESSERTS! No matter how full we were, we definitely can bring out another tummy for the sweets!
 Sticky Date Pudding wif Vanilla Ice Cream $13.90
- Sticky date pudding was so good, we wiped it out in seconds. Every mouthful you can taste the fragrance of dates. Beware: It could get very sweet if you pair with the bananas given but we gals dun care! Whack!!
 Creme Brulee $10.90
- Tofu-liked vanilla custard base was smooth and slippery, eventually disappeared after touching our tongues. The torched sugar crust gave it more flavour. I would say it's a common item which can do with or without.
 Vanilla Bloom Pot $6.90
 Pandan Rose Bloom Pot $6.90
- These mini pots piped so beautifully with flower petals attracted us at first sight! Almost too pretty to eat them. Vanilla bloom pot tasted less sweet with a very nice milky flavour and fluffy sponge cake below. As for Pandan Rose, the frosting was too sweet although it smells good. But I couldn't finish the first mouthful. The Pandan cake below was slightly dense too. This flavour definitely for the sweet toothies only.
 Rainbow Cake $9.90
- Who don't love Rainbow? Most girls do! It was the last slice on the cake tray that night but we managed to get hold of it. Cake texture was dense and compact, with thick layers of cream in-between which I love. If only the different layers of colors could represent a different fruit flavour, I believe it would attract more attention and buying power.
 Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake $7.90
 Snickers Cheesecake $7.90
- If you're a cheese lover, then this was for you. Thick heavy luscious cheese which I don't feel jelat even after the whole slice was gone. Texture was really smooth on the tongue and snickers' chunks brought up the chocolatey nutty aftertaste.
** We were so full after grubbing down so much food. Our dining experience was enjoyable, especially with whole jing gang of people who loves food. The newly introduced hot items on the menu needed some fine-tuning to make better. Dessert cakes were good on the whole, it was what LHOD specializes in anyway. They do serve macarons and messy jars too! Love the whole ambience the most, was very princessy, it definitely perk up the happy mood in us. **
📍 Little House of Dreams
Block 8 Dempsey Road
Mon to Friday 11am - 11pm
Sat to Sun 9am - 11pm
( Last order for Hot Food 10.15pm)
Read full reviews and more food photos at http://jellylovesfood.blogspot.sg