2013-12-09 161 views
A while back, I was around East Coast and was feeling a little peckish in the afternoon. Although the popular Old Hong Kong tea house is just a stone's throw away, I felt that their food standard has been declining so I decided to drop by Canton Paradise for some high tea instead.After browsing through their menu filled with many different varieties of dishes, I have to order my favourite Steamed Pork "Siew Mai" Dumpling (4pcs - $5.60). Served in a wooden basket, the dumplings were huge and we
After browsing through their menu filled with many different varieties of dishes, I have to order my favourite Steamed Pork "Siew Mai" Dumpling (4pcs - $5.60). Served in a wooden basket, the dumplings were huge and were filled generously with juicy minced pork and topped with some prawn roe. What a burst of flavours on the palate!
While browsing through the menu earlier on, the friendly waitress recommended me a few dishes and this Crispy BBQ Honey Pork Bun (3pcs - $4.80) caught my attention. Instead of having 'char siew' in a soft white buns, this is baked in a fluffy buttery pastry instead. Although it crumbles easily, it adds a nice soft yet crunchy bite to the succulent BBQ honey pork slices in it.
After "yum cha" high tea won't be complete without the smooth and delicious Chicken and Mushroom Congee ($6.80). Although it looks plain, the porridge was flavoursome with a light douse of sesame oil, spring onions and pepper. The chicken slices were generously huge and I love how the mushrooms added a tinge of sweetness that complements the overall dish.

It was a relaxing afternoon dining here as the ambiance was nice, cozy and relaxing without much of a crowd. Service staffs were very attentive to refill our tea from time to time too. Great high-tea experience which is definitely much better compared to Old HK tea house.
Taste