Came with my family to discover the restaurant very quiet on a Sunday afternoon. Only another family other than us.
We ordered many of their signature dishes and though there were not many people ordering, the food took a while to come. Lucky for us, we were enjoying a lazy Sunday lunch so we were in no rush. We saw later that the kitchen was only manned by 1 chef so maybe that's why.
The food is actually not bad, some were even very good.
The not-bad ones were:
1) Cashew Nut Chicken - a tad spicy and served over a basket of yam!
2) Grilled Pork Collar - not much taste on it's own but the accompanying dip was too sour for my liking
3) Okra - normal nice
4) Pad Thai Seafood - texture ok but a tad too sweet for my liking
The food dishes were:
1) Basil Stir-fried Pork - I didn't have any as my eldest girl ate them all and did a 👍🏼 when I exclaimed "no more for me?!"
2) Crispy Fish Skin - super crispy and laced with salted egg = Yumz
3) Olive Rice - nicely fried and fully flavour, another favourite of my eldest girl
4) Pandan Chicken - good marination so the meat was tasty and nicely fragranced with pandan
5) Prawn Cake - not the factory made ones, you can tell from the bits of prawn in the patty. Was the right kind of crunch
6) Red Curry with Roast Duck - this is an interesting dish with mild lychee sweetness and red curry spiciness in a good combo!
7) Soft Shell Crab Salad - didn't see much of the salad but the crispy soft shell crab made up for the dish
8) Tom Yam Potaek - not a big bowl but the ingredients were fresh and the soup not overly spicy that it'll kill your tastebuds.
9) Street Omelette with minced Pork - fluffy egg fried with minced pork and onion strips! Let's just say the kids ate through the first one so fast that we had to order another!
Prawn Cakes, Salted Egg Fish Skin Other Ratings: