Though there are many makan places here, have chosen to spend my $$ on Uncle Ben instead, an a small encouragement to do the good that he pledges to do.
1) Pasta in Spicy Tom Yam Broth - my fav dish of the meal!!! I created this meal with fusilli and salmon. This dish surpassed my expectations! My salmon chunks were seared and there was a generous number of chunks in it!!! The broth is also very tangy and enough spice to be called Tom yum. Love love love it!
2) Chicken Soup of the Day & Garlic Bread - the soup is honestly not bad, can see the chicken chunks but likely to be canned soup with add-on goodness. The garlic bread was also nice and I love the retro enamel plate it's served in. heh!
3) Beef Bolognese - 1st that that struck me was how it had a generous amount of beef sauce over the pasta. The sauce is a tad too sweet for my personal liking but its nice enough, nicer than some other places.
4) Kid's Meal Chicken Burger - the chicken patty is not some frozen minced junk but a lovely chicken fillet that's pan-fried nicely. Serving enough for a small adult eater or ladies wanting to watch their diet.
5) Cheese Platter - fried finger food with pot of soft cheese fondue to dip in! Wonderful indulgence! Highly recommend this!!
For a non-premium restaurant, it's pretty good and prices are also very decent. Plus I salute Chef Ben for his cause, how not to come!?!?
Chicken Burger (Kid's Meal)
Cheese Fondue Platter
Pasta in Tom Yam Broth
Garlic Bread (what's left)
Pasta in Tom Yam Broth Other Ratings: