Finally decided to eat at Nandos now that the craze has died down. Brought while family there so we ordered the Peri Platter, which included:
1) Salad - it's fresh greens dressed with a vinegarette. It's alright but it's kinda sour in the not very nice sense...hmmm... :/
2) 4 quarters of chicken - we ordered 2 Hot Peri and 2 Lemon & Herb. The hot was quite spicy actually but nice. My children found the Lemon & Herb too sour and left all the skin for me (Yay!) and just ate the flesh with ketchup. The meat is tender so that's nice.
3) Medeterrane Rice - This is one of the 4 sides of the set. It tastes like butter rice essentially, ok but not great.
4) Grilled Vege - Side 2 and this is rather oily. Hope it's olive oil but it taste ok.
5) Potato Salad - they tossed mini potatoes with what I think is Thousand Island sauce so it's too sweet & sour for my liking. Was disappointed.
6) French Fries - my kid's delight! But seriously, how do you mess up french fries lor?
7) 2 loaves of bread with herb butter - the bread is actually quite nice with a powdery topping. The butter herb is ok, honestly, I find my home-made one nicer.
8) Hummus - hubby ordered this starter as he really felt like eating the hummus dip. He liked it enough.
9) Chicken liver with Hot Peri Peri - hubby ordered this starter too because he liked this dish in Melaka. But strangely, he found this version sour?
Overall my family was not very impressed with the meal, not likely to return.
Date of Visit: Sep 09, 2011
Spending per head: Approximately $30(Dinner)Other Ratings: