See pictures at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.sg/2016/04/chilis-clarke-quay-central.html
Chili's is one of my favourite places for Tex-Mex cuisine. And ribs! Because we regularly hit up the original branch at Tanglin Mall, comparisons between that and its sister outlet at The Central were inevitably drawn when we dined there last weekend.
Service differs, the Tanglin Mall one being better staffed, with more efficient service, whereas the staff at Clarke Quay were a little more frazzled and bumbling. Food, too, was a little lackluster at Clarke Quay compared to the commendable grub at Tanglin Mall. Clearly, the standards between the branches are inconsistent; I'll probably stick to the Tanglin Mall branch.
1) Beef Chili ($12.50): This was a little charred compared to the ones at Tanglin Mall, like someone left it on the burner a tad too long. Still a decent starter nonetheless.
2) Chicken Enchilada Soup ($9.90): subtly spiced, and really lovely, if a bit stingy on the chicken chunks.
3) Bacon Ranch Quesadillas ($24.90): these were a little anaemic, and significantly less generous with the fillings than at Tanglin Mall.
4) Mango Chile Chicken ($19.90): wholesome, healthy, and delicious. The chicken was very nicely done, moist, flavourful and tender.
5) Grilled Chicken Fajitas ($27.90): one of the highlights. Succulent chicken, thoroughly marinated, and imbued with an aromatic smoky accent.
6) Classic BBQ Baby Back Ribs ($40.90 for full rack): outstanding as usual, hearty, flavoursome to the bone, fantastically burnished, with meat that was so tender it was practically fall-off-the-bone. This was served with excellent homestyle fries and a disappointingly dry skillet macaroni & cheese