2016-04-12 109 瀏覽
Located near Beauty World MRT (Downtown line) is a stretch of eateries facing the private estate of Lorong Kilat. I visited on a monday night at 8pm and it was 3/4 full! I was surprised at how busy it was. There were school students from the nearby schools as well mostly youngsters grabbing a bite together with their friends.Their menu had a pretty interesting design, it was swivel menu with placards and both food and drink items were compacted into that one menu. I was quite impressed, was the
1. Cookie Monster $8 It was a really hot and this cookie monster was the perfect saviour. I really loved the lingering aromatic cookie flavour and aftertaste without being overly milky or sweet. It was more of a "gao"/thick milkshake. And all that crumbled up cookie gives it a grainy feel. It was a sinful but calorie-worthy drink.
Revelry ovffers a range of milkshakes and depending on what you're game for, Revelry will have something for your sweet tooth!
2. Truffle Fries $8 Truffle fries are French fries tossed with truffle oil, truffle salt and parmesan cheese. Truffle oil is used to impart the earthy flavour and aroma of truffles to fries; giving it a strong smoky after-taste. It is not hard to understand why people crave for it. There is just something appealing about the exotic truffle oil – you either love it or hate it.
It really is a huge portion so, as much as you hate to, you’re going to have to share.
The aroma of truffle oil is delightfully strong for this cafe. The fries were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
3. Chicken and Waffles $17 *highly recommended* After seeing tons of pictures of this dish, I finally made the trip down here . Featured here is their signature chicken and waffles, buttermilk waffles served with a crispy fried chicken cutlet that is huge and succulent. The waffles were cirps and light, with a fluffy and slightly soft interior. You couldn't get full eating these waffles at all. At no point did I felt gerlat either. The texture was one that I adored. The mapley syrup drizzled seemed to be less sweet than others that I've tried.
4. On Cloud Nine $15 Another very instagrammable waffle, decorated with toasted mashmallows, lemon curd, vanilla ice cream, popping candy and cotton candy. The buttermilk waffle here was crispier than the waffle with chicken. It had a stronger aroma of sweetness, mainly from all the sweet toppings. Fortunately, the sweetness was just right for me to bear. The cotton candy managed to alleviate the subtle vanilla ice cream flavour a little. The ice cream with popping candy was surprisingly good, I really liked the feeling of the popping candy in my room. A cheap thrill!!
5. Mocha $5.50 I ordered a takeaway mocha, just before I left the shop as I needed an energy booster for my long night ahead and it worked well. The mocha had the right tones of coffee bitterness and cocoa sweet notes. It definitely gave me a kick in my brain to empower me through the night. Overall : I love the decor of the cafe, the food was decent, not too expensive but service could've been improved. The staff mixed up my order of my drink initially but they apologized for the mix up.
題外話/補充資料： Nett Priced, Free Wifi, get a stamp for every $10 spent.(以上食評乃用戶個人意見 , 並不代表OpenRice之觀點。)