I had come across this restaurant recently and brought a colleague here for lunch.
Its set in a restored shophouse that faces the Police Cantonment Complex. Parking is also convenient, where you can park at Pinnacle on Duxton and walk over.
The restaurant was half full for Monday lunch, which augurs well for the restaurant.
Here are the highlights of our meal:
- Bruschetta - Complimentary dish. The tomatoes were fresh and chopped up and served atop focaccia bread. Bread was crunchy and tomato topping were yummy.
- Zuppetta Argentarina: $25. Mussels and cut prawns stewed in a creamy porcini sauce & served with focaccia bread slices. The seafood were fresh and the gravy went well with the bread. Delicious.
- Tagliata al Tartufo: $34. Grilled premium tenderloin with truffle sauce. Beef were nicely grilled to medium, sliced & served on a wooden board. The whiff of truffle oil stimulates my taste buds and beef lovers will like this.
- Parmigiana: $23. Eggplant layers baked with Mozarella and homemade tomato sauce, then topped with Parmesan. Best eaten when its served to your table as you can enjoy the freshly baked and hot! My colleague loved this.
- Carpaccio Di Manzo: $24. Bed of salad, topped with finely-sliced raw beef, porcini mushroom dressing & truffle oil. The beef has to be fresh, else it can’t be eaten raw.
- Pappardelle della Vigna: $28. Homemade pappardelle with homemade Italian sausages in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce. The noodles were handmade and soft. The sauce is blue cheese based, and may be strong for some. Sausage was also good. Nice.
- Penne al Granchio: $28. Penne with fresh crab meat in a creamy tomato sauce. The penne was al dente. And the crab meat sauce coats the penne well to give flavour to every bite. Good!
Thus far, I have tried 3 of their pastas and they have all been good. Looking forward to trying other pastas when I visit again.
- Bonet Argentarino: $16. Traditional homemade Italian chocolate and rum pudding with home-made caramel sauce. A very rich and delicious dessert. The caramel sauce complements the pudding well. The cocoa powder used is good grade and added flavour to each mouthful. This was a unique dessert that I have not tried anywhere else. Must-order!
The restaurant has an Ospitalità Italiana seal awarded by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore. It's one of only five Italian restaurants in Singapore to have this award that marks a recognition for authentic representation of the Italian culture outside Italy.
Table Wait Time: 1 minute(s)
Date of Visit: Dec 15, 2014
Keep it up!