Just to put it out there that this Bak Kut Teh is the herbal type. So this is the Malacca herbal type that is very nice.
Our family of 4 had:
* one pot of Bak Kut Teh for 2 pax with enoki mushroom and pieces of tau Kee - very nice soup though I found the pork ribs a tad tough
* sesame ginger chicken - we love the sauce and my girls ate almost all the chicken pieces, leaving us to taste the yummy dish from sucking the chicken bones only. So I did the next best thing which is to put the pork ribs inside the sauce to glaze it. Yummy!
* braised pig's small intestines - tasty pieces with no funny piggy smell
* crispy tau Kee - this is a wonderful dish with layers crispy tau Kee stacked together and glazed with their braised sauce. I've eaten at many Bak Kut Teh places and this is the first place I've seen this done this way! Champion! I wanted to order another but had to stop myself
* broccoli and mushrooms - simple dish of blanched broccoli and seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce. Approved by my girls so you can trust.
We had all these with the must-have braised peanuts and you tiao, they were average but nice enough.
The meal is essentially very nice and the soup is refillable so that's great! Another great thing is the price tag. The whole meal costed us about $50 which is really value-for-money for a BKT meal. Will return for more!!!
Crispy Tau Kee Other Ratings: