Last weekend, I had lunch at Majestic Bay Seafood Restaurant. This is located at Garden By The Bay – Flower Dome. When you are at the main reception area of the Flower Dome (where you can purchase tickets for the flower dome), take the escalator down to the lower level, and its on the left of the escalator.
Here are the highlights of my meal:
- - Dim Sum
o Signature Chilli Crab Meat Bun: Done as a dim sum, where the crab meat is cooked with non-spicy chilli gravy and wrapped in a bun that is pan fried. Not spicy and it was nice.
o Scallop and Prawns Dumpling: This is done like a fried wanton. It has cut up prawns and sliced scallops filling. Good.
o Minced Pork and Yam Dumpling: Minced pork fillings in a mashed yam ‘cocoon’ that is deep fried. Crispy on the outside and a good dim sum dish to order. Try it!
o Steamed Vegetable Dumpling: Assortment of chopped up vegetables in a crystal dumpling.
o Shanghai Pork Dumpling: This is popularly known as Xiao Long Bao. It is a minced meat filled mini bun, which you dip into vinegar with ginger slices.
- Alaska King Crab Meat Soup with Minced Celery: The soup was slightly greenish in color, due to the minced celery and scooping in the soup, there was steamed custard at the bottom. I also got pieces of Alskan King Crabmeat in the soup. I personally found the soup a little salty.
- - Dragon Tiger Garoupa done two ways -
o Stewed withTofu sheet, Wild Mushrooms in Claypot: This is my first time tasting the Dragon Tiger Garoupa, which sounds very exotic. The fish has been deboned and filleted. It was stir-fried with 1cm wide cut pieces of tofu sheets and straw mushrooms in a claypot. I preferred this to the garoupa steamed with minced garlic.
o Steamed with Minced Garlic: Topped with roughly minced garlic and steamed. There was a coating of starch on the fish fillets, which made the fish slightly chewy. Would have preferred the fish not to have the starch coating, so that I could taste the fish properly.
- - Crispy Shredded Duck, Jiang Nan Style: The duck is shredded apart and the pieces are deep fried. The dish is topped with fried taro strips and julienned mango. I found the duck a tad too dry for my liking. I loved the fried taro and mango that topped the dish though.
- - Braised Homemade Tofu with Chinese Mushrooms in Abalone Sauce: The tofu were deep fried till golden brown on the outside. The Chinese mushrooms were big and juicy.It came with blanched Romaine lettuce that were crunchy.
- - Stewed Bee Hoon with Boston Lobster: Each person got a piece of boston lobster that has been stewed with medium rice vermicelli. The Vermicelli soaked up the gravy and was tasty.
- - Fresh Mango Puree with Chendol Strips: The first time I am drinking it out of a tall cup, instead of eating with a spoon.
I will be back soon to try out their steamed yellow duckling bun filled with Nutella and Yam paste.
Table Wait Time: 1 minute(s)
Date of Visit: Nov 23, 2014 Other Ratings: