Tom's Palette is my favourite ice-cream restaurant in Singapore and I'll tell you why:
1. They have interesting flavours that they create themselves, with funky names and surprisingly almost all the 'weird' flavours taste good!
2. I love the service there. You can try all the new flavours and they will not give you the feeling of 'stress' just because you've tried too many flavours. And all the samples they give are so big and generous! <3<3
3. Cozy and homey feeling in the shop with many drawings on the table and the serviette-notice board! ;) I can stay there for hourssss.
4. Super cheap (for the quality of ice-cream). $3.20 for small, $4 for medium for 2 flavours! Sorry I forgot the price for large cup because I usually order medium / small. ++ You'll get a 10% card discount if you can produce your student card - NTU/NUS/SMU/SIM/TP/RP/SMa/NP/JDMIS/SIT).
5. There's a water dispenser in case you get thirsty from all the ice-cream! /so-thoughtful
5. It's not that inaccessible, I realized. You can either walk from Bugis (towards National Library and down Bencoolen St with Fragrance Hotel/Hotel 81 etc.) and you'll see Shaw Towers. Or you can walk from Suntec City (1st exit to the left after you get up the escalator with the digital marquee thing, across the bridge, into the blue door beside the cantonese restaurant, walk straight and turn right).
6. The quality of the ice-cream is so good, you can tastes it the moment it enters your mouth!
The trick to maximise your enjoyment at Tom's Palette is to find two flavours that matches (because the 2 flavours you choose will be next to each other in the same cup). The same way some people likes to eat Mac fries with vanilla ice-cream, you have to find the right combinations! (Not all flavours are available everyday.)
With so many flavours before your eyes, you're bound to feel overwhelmed, spoilt for choice & undecided (especially trying out so many flavours, you forgot the taste of the first one you tried already).
These are some combinations I love:
1. Granny's Favourite + Anything not chocolatey (Personal favourites: Yuzu / Milk)
2. Blueberry Cheesecake + Tiramisu
3. Milk + Breakfast Dessert
4. Oreo Cheesecake + Salted Caramel
Flavours I find too sweet/strong for my liking (given that I'm a sweet tooth, I think these are wayyy too sweet)
1. Summer Berries (too sweet)
2. Apple Pie (too sweet)
3. Rum & Raisin (the alcohol taste is quite strong, if you like the taste of rum, then you'll love this!)
4. Salted Egg (This tastes kind of strange, in fact it tastes like mooncakes! I find it a little weird. You might like it!)
I've been there a few times and every visit cheers me up greatly.
If you're an ice-cream lover and you haven't been here, you should!!! Absolutely my favourite ice-cream place in Singapore, hands down.